THE LUISA PARODI COLLECTION
The signora of jewellery
The central nucleus of the sale of jewellery and watches will be the Luisa Parodi collection. In 1957, she married Poppi Parodi and shared the family passion for the finest of jewellery by taking part, along with her husband, in the running of the company, continuing in later years to assume a larger role in the business.
Today, her personal jewellery collection, including a magnificent white gold marquise 8.5 carat ring, will continue to fascinate her friends and customers since the proceeds of the sale (as laid down very precisely in her will) will be donated in charity to the Istituto Giannina Gaslini, to the Provincia di Genova (Province of Genoa) dei Frati Minori Cappuccini and to the Provincia di Genova (Province of Genoa) dei Frati Minori di San Leonardo.
The Parodi Family: three generations of jewellers
The Parodi family set up as jewellers many years ago in 1887 when Grandfather Giovanni Vittorio, after spending many years in Argentina, returned to Genoa and opened his first shop in Vico Casana, the most important commercial street of the times in the city. In 1923, his son Mario opened the Via Luccoli shop which he successfully ran until 1966 when he, as Commendatore Cavaliere di Gran Croce, left the company to his three children.
Poppi, Roberto and Pierluigi moved the company yet again to the very central Via Ceccardi turning their jeweller’s into a fundamental reference point for the elegance, quality and highly professional approach to its works and objets d’arts.