Genoa
Villa Carrega Cataldi
The villa was built in the first decades of the seventeenth century for the Saluzzo family, to change ownership in 1697 when it was purchased by Giacomo Filippo Carrega. It remained in this family, after having belonged to the Cataldis, until 1966.
The rectangular architectural plan of the building is characterized by a sober austerity typical of the tradition of the Genoese villa, embellished by two flights of stairs and by the pavilion rooms frescoed in 1754 in the lower part by elegant plant motifs.
During the Second World War inside the chapel built in 1775 – and decorated with gilded stuccos – the marble sculpture with the Madonna and Child (called Madonna Carrega) by Pier Puget, sculpted between 1679 and 1681, for the Palazzo Pallavicino found shelter then Carrega di Strada Nuova, now kept in the Museum of Sant’Agostino in Genoa.

Valuation and estimate of individual works or entire property
Management of works in private negotiations
Hereditary divisions
Appraisals insurance
Art advisory
CHIARA GUIDUCCI
c.guiducci@wannenesgroup.com
Villa Carrega Cataldi
Via Albaro 11, 16145 Genova
Tel + 39 010 2530097
Fax + 39 010 2517767
EXPERTS ON SITE